Happy Sunday everyone! I just released version 1.1 of OhBoard in Chrome Web Store. The main addition to this update is the ability to save drawings into images. It was the most requested feature I’ve received so far, so I decided to add it while the product was not having a lot of users.
How it looks:
As I mentioned a bit in my preview post, this feature is extremely straightforward. You hit the export button, an overlay pops up, then you can either copy the image, save the image in your local/Dropbox folders, or drag it to an application/a folder for further actions. On both PC or Mac, If you drag the image to the desktop, it will be saved automatically. Another example, if you drag it to mail.app on a Mac, a new email with the image will be automatically created. Or if you drag it to Evernote.app, the application will recognize the image and make a note for you.
- Make sure you are in the application called Chrome.
- Click Window -> Extensions (a new tab should be opened).
- Click Developer mode (the blue link with a + icon on the right hand side).
- Click update extensions now button (the third one from the left, the first one from the right).
- Nothing seems to happen, but everything is actually updated in a matter of half seconds.
I suggest you to update it now so you can enjoy the latest feature set. I know Google makes this process a little over-complicated, but that’s the only way to do so. Sorry about that.
If you decide to buy OhBoard after the image saving feature is out, now it’s the time! The app is available for $3.99 in Chrome Web Store.
Thanks everyone for the support. :)