Hooray! OhBoard 1.2 was just released in Chrome Web Store few hours ago. There are four additions to this release:
I am listening. I know it is bad to have a whiteboard app that includes no eraser. But that’s no long the case!
The new eraser button lines up alongside with the pencil button. So whenever you want to erase something (rather than undo), just hit the eraser button, and the cursor will change to a crosshair shape rather than an arrow.
FYI, icons are from the Pictos by Drew Wilson
Shift to straighten
I’ve been having a little bit of frustration when I can’t draw a straight line. I’m sure many share the same opinions too. So I added the Photoshop-like shift-to-straighten functionality. If you want to make a straight line, just hold down shift while dragging the mouse/trackpad.
Currently, you can export your drawing into .png image. But I added two more file type for those who want them: .gif and .jpeg. After you click the export button, you can choose whatever file extension you want. And the image will be automatically updated accordingly.
Shortcuts are always useful for advanced users. And since OhBoard has been out for more than a month, there are people who were already calling for shortcuts already. Here’s a list of shortcuts available:
- N: New document
- W: Delete document
- S: Export document
- Z: Undo
- R: Redo
- E: Edit title
- Up Arrow: Previous document
- Down Arrow: Next document
- Left/Right Arrow: change between pencil/eraser
- Shift + Drag: make straight line
How to update:
- Click Window -> Extensions (a new tab should be opened).
- Click Developer mode (the blue link with a + icon on the right hand side).
- Click update extensions now button (the third one from the left, the first one from the right).
- Nothing seems to happen, but everything is actually updated in a matter of half seconds.
Or buy it now:
If you’ve been waiting for these features, now it’s the time to buy OhBoard! The app is available for $3.99 in Chrome Web Store.
There is also a list of release notes if you are curious about the details.